Saturday, September 25, 2010

Psychic Sue

Last night I went to a psychic reading party. I normally wouldn't. I'm a born skeptic and have to have everything proved to me five times before I'll buy it...which was the first thing she said to me.

When she started talking about my kids I was excited and wanted to hear something about the vacation house in Hawaii they were gonna buy me for being such a nurturing and selfless mother. This is what I got instead...

She told me my first born is stubborn. Check. That he's older than his years. Check. That he's going to be extremely hard to potty train. Yeah, tell me something I don't know! No really...tell me something I don't know cause that's what I'm freaking paying you for.

Then she tells me that "He likes to win." Now most mothers would probably nod and smile knowingly as they picture their little strong headed offspring. Not me. I'm concerned. Primarily because guess who else likes to win...ME! I'm foreseeing the battles that are to come and I'm thinking "Am I mentally prepared for this?" I mean, after all, I'm getting older and that little shit is a god damn sponge right now. I need to work on my mental prowess before he senses my weakness and formulates a plan of attack. Better start doing some Brain Age or something.

She ends the reading with "Good luck with him". Really? Good luck with him? That's your sage advice? Super.

No comments:

Post a Comment